Sunday, August 5, 2012

Zero; By: Paul Logan

As I read this chapter, it hit me big time. It made me wonder, "is this what could happen to me if I failed all of my course in college? Nah, I don't want to end up like this guy". It also taught me a lesson that I has to learn how to manage my time wisely. What disappointed me about this character is he changed when he went to high school. He pulled down his grade, and he was bullied. Unfortunately, in his sophomore year, he end up following popular group and bullied a student that he was used to be. What made me wonder is why he didn't stand up for himself, he follow a bad group and hid from everything that he went through. After he graduated high school, he went into college but he still made a same mistake, because he didn't know how to manage his time to study. All he does is he social, partying with his friend. During the study for final exam, he thought he will do fine, and will pass. The results is he got kicked out of college, and he end up working at the grocery. When he saw his friend from high school at his work, he felt ashamed of himself because his friend already have spring break from college, and he didn't. He looked at himself that he made a shameful mess without any path that guide him to success. After that he start to wake up and realized he had a 2nd chance, he started to goes to community college at fall, he work hard, and returned his skilled and success. He became a leader instead a follower, and had a friend that made a smart choice to study. Then he end up having a 4.0 GPA. After I read this book, it made me think twice before I start to go on and made a mistake. I thought I could be a guy that would be a leader, work hard, have study buddy, and use my time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment